[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend won't start any more

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 12:14:37 UTC 2012

My MythBuntu mythfrontend-only box has been working fine. Then all of a
sudden mythfrontend won't start any more. If I run it from a command line I
see the output below and then it just hangs there never starting
mythfrontend.

>> I've tried deleting /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt as per another post but it made
>> no difference. I've also run a package update to make sure I have the
>> latest of everything and that made no difference either.
>>
>> It's very odd because I hadn't made any changes to this frontend, nor to
>> the backend-only server so I'm at a loss as to why it just suddenly stopped
>> working. Any ideas?
>>

> I've found the problem - the root partition on mythbackend was full. So
> any suggestions on how I can find out what's filled it up?

Found it! I'm also running a Plex Media Server on here and in
/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs
I had an old log file of 2.6GB.