[mythtv-users] Many instances of mythlogserver running and taking up 98% of CPU

Matthias.myth mythtv at thyroff.net
Sat Dec 1 20:45:10 UTC 2012

Hello All,

since I run 0.26, I have observed several times that my combined
front/backend gets very sluggish, and I found that when that happens, I
have many instances of mythlogserver running. Killall mythlogserver helps.

The many instances together consume almost 100% of CPU, only one
instance is using a low 1-2%.

The mythlogserver instance that is spawned after the killall will then
behave and use only 1-2% or less of CPU...

I have been watching and I cannot really say at what point the first
additional instance is launched. It then consumes 99% of CPU, with new
instances seemingly running on the same core, together they never use
more than 100%.

It might have to do with a recording, I tend to see mythcommflag
processes when I see many mythlogserver processes, but I am not sure if
this is related.

For debugging this, where do I have to start? How is mythlogserver
started and how is the decision taken if there is already an instance
running?

My system is an ubuntu install, quite old (maybe from Ubuntu 8.04?,
always using myth from mythbuntu repositories), always updated, now on
Ubuntu 12.04.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any hint!

Regards,

Matthias