[mythtv-users] Consequences of drive failure

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 09:22:36 UTC 2012

On 02/12/2012 6:25 AM, "Mike Perkins" <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:

> Okay. So I've discovered that one of the two 500Gb drives in my recording
storage group is failing, enough that I'm getting jumps during playback and
indecipherable error messages in dmesg.

> I've ascertained that there is enough auto-expirable files in the system
that I can run on one drive until the newly-ordered ones arrive next week,
so I've pulled the SATA cable. It's not comfortable, but doable, and the
alternative is writing fresh recordings to a dying disk.

> My question is, how does the system react when you take half the
recordings away? They are all still present in the database, but is there
any indication that they are or are not available for watching?

I think there is a script you can run somewhere which you can run and it
will prompt you to sync database with whatever recording files exist. I
can't remember what it's called but someone else will surely know.