[mythtv-users] Programming remote button bindings (WAS: What major features are planned for 0.27?)

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Mon Dec 3 05:31:55 UTC 2012

In early Yuletide, Simon Hobson did write:

> Correction: I've just looked, and there is a key defined for
> PLAYPAUSE, though I've no idea whether there is a sensible mapping
> for any particular model of remote. It'll depend on what IR code the
> manufacturer decided to send, and how a developer decided to
> translate it.

Does MythTV actually care which of the 3 play codes are sent?
I thought TV playback just used TogglePause for PLAY, PAUSE,
or PLAYPAUSE ?

If MythTV does differentiate, though, automatic mappings
might be erroneous - depending on the remote manufacturers'
interpretation and, er, pedanticity :-)

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|Well, I own the hotel  |
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | and I also live in it.|