[mythtv-users] mythbackend 0.25 on gentoo: crashes with mythfilldatabase?

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Mon Dec 3 16:39:40 UTC 2012

Am 03.12.2012 15:57, schrieb Michael T. Dean:

> The problem is almost definitely that you're running MySQL with some
> unsupported (meaning untested) configuration and it's causing the problems.
>
> My best guess is that you're using InnoDB storage engine (which isn't
> supported) and that, coupled with the specific data you're getting from
> mythfilldatabase (and, potentially, some other factors), results in the
> deadlock.
>
> If you use MythTV 0.26 to create a brand new database, it should create
> tables using the proper MySQL storage engine, regardless of your MySQL
> configuration.  Doing this will cause you to lose all of your
> configuration and previous history.  You could use a partial restore to
> restore your old recording information (the only non-recreatable
> information), but note that you must use a same-versioned database
> backup (i.e. you'll need to upgrade to 0.26, first, then back up your
> database, then create the new database and do a partial restore):
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Partial_restore_of_a_backup

Thanks for the feedback, I really used InnoDB for some of the tables
(seems I somehow thought it would optimize things and didn't check back).

I now converted them back and mythfilldatabase ran through fine for now
(with data for 14 days).

My backend is still on 0.25 because gentoo still doesn't bring me 0.26
as stable package (minimyth already brings a 0.26 package so this
doesn't stop me anymore ...).

I assume this conversion might have helped already ... I will see if
mythfilldatabase succeeds in the next days.

Thanks! Stefan