[mythtv-users] ticket 10504 and php-5.4.8-1.fc17.x86_64

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Dec 3 18:44:36 UTC 2012

On 12/03/2012 01:29 PM, Kenni Lund wrote:
> 2012/12/3 Udo van den Heuvel:
>> After upgrading to 0.26 from git problems with mythweb still exist:
> Did you upgrade both MythTV and Mythweb to 0.26-fixes?

And is there any reason you're choosing to do the install from source
rather than using a package that your distro's packagers have worked
hard to ensure is a good install?  Even if you're applying patches, you
can likely apply those patches without losing the benefits of the
packaging system (i.e. I know that *buntu supports this).

>> In the classes dir the MythBackend.php file has a version that is too old.
> "Too old"??? What does that mean?

You have a broken installation.

>> I replaced it with the one from php-MythTV. No difference.
> Why would you replace that file if you've just downloaded the file
> with a git checkout? You already have the newest, and if you don't,
> you didn't install it properly.
>
>> How can I fix this issue? Or at least find out more?
> First, please make sure you have a clean install of MythTV 0.26-fixes
> and and Mythweb 0.26-fixes. From your posts here and your ticket, it
> sounds very much like you have a mixup of old files from 0.25 and new
> files from 0.26.

Agreed.

Mike