[mythtv-users] Input conflicts for live and recording tv

Chris Hett littleman_1111 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 4 01:44:52 UTC 2012

Hi,
I am running Mythbuntu (Mythtv 0.25) with a 3-input HDHomeRun Prime.  I have all three inputs added to Mythtv, but I have problems when I try and watch live TV and record a show at the same time. If I am currently watching live TV and have a show set to record, it switches input 1 to the recording and I cannot watch live TV any more.  If I try and change the live TV channel, it prevents it from recording.
It will record the show and let me watch live TV only if I manually go to the recording settings and tell change it from "any available input" to "input 2" or "input 3".  From what I've read this should be handled automatically, but it is not on my system.
Is there a way to change the default input for live TV.  That way my recordings will always go to input 1 or 2, and I can set live TV to always go to input 3 and I won't have any conflicts.
Thanks,
Chris.