[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi frontend via Raspbmc - first try report

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 19:59:25 UTC 2012

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 7:53 AM, Tyler T <tylernt at gmail.com> wrote:

> > 4. Moving around the mythtv pvr plugin screens is painfully slow;
>
> I had the same experience, however XBMC has native myth:// protocol
> support so you can bypass the plugin slowness and just use the normal
> media browser interface to watch recordings. XBMC apparently doesn't
> support my old 0.23 BE but if you want to try it with your newer BE,
> I'd love to hear if it works.

I have not tried that yet, although I have used it on x86 machines and it
works but i don't like the interface much. Wouldn't be nice enough to throw
out my mythfrontend.

Of all of them I think mythbox has the nicest interface, I don't much like
the XBMC PVR interface either.

> > 7. When it doesn't crash it renders the recorded TV files well enough and
> > without significant breaking of sweat,
>
> I used analog audio and got some loud audio pops when
> starting/stopping/skipping playback. You using analog or digital?

I am using HDMI, so digital. I have heard the analogue output from RPi is
pretty hairy in other software as well.

One option might be an external USB sound card. Not all work though
apparently.