[mythtv-users] MPEG4 (mp42) audio but no video

Paul dazzle at edazzle.net
Wed Dec 5 10:44:05 UTC 2012

I have some videos I've taken with my mobile phone which are .mp4 files and
the video info is:

Format: MPEG-4
Format profile: Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID: mp42

Video
ID: 1
Format: AVC
Format/Info: Advanced Video Codec
Format profile: High at L4.0

When I play them with MythTV (0.24.3-fixes) I get audio but no video and
there are no errors in the MythTV FE log.

I am using an Atom/ION system and using Nvidia drivers 304.64 from X-Swat on
launchpad with Ubuntu 11.10 (with all updates).
A few months ago the video files worked and the only change I have made is
update the Nvidia drivers (from 304.37 to 304.64) and re-compile MythTV. I
use the VDPAU playback settings but I also tested with the Normal playback
setting and I was still not getting any video.

Any help appreciated.

Paul