[mythtv-users] Video 'waves' of speed up, slow down watching recorded TV

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Thu Dec 6 18:23:12 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-12-05 at 20:25 +0000, Dan Gravell wrote:

> I re-enabled standard VDPAU (it was on 'Normal' playback config
> before) and the results are interesting... one CPU is now always
> pegged at 100% CPU or thereabouts. A/V sync is always a negative
> number.
>

> I wonder why the CPU usage appears *greater* when VDPAU is enabled?
>

> But most importantly, the speed up/slow down appears to be lessened.
> I'll keep my eye on it, the extent to which it is manifest depends
> very much on the video content being watched.

>         On Wed, 2012-12-05 at 15:33 +0000, Dan Gravell wrote:
>         > This might be a little hard to describe... I am using a
>         Zotac ZBox
>         > ID41 as a frontend only, connected to a backend via
>         powerline
>         > ethernet. It's a Mythbuntu 11.10 install.
>         >
>         >
>         > I have tried VDPAU and VDPAU Slim, both seem to give the
>         same
>         > behaviour.
>         >

Check the VDPAU playback profile settings by clicking on the <edit>
button.
Check any custom filters entries..The allowed keywords changed at some
point. The keywords "vdpaustudio & vdpaubuffersize " have been removed
from myth0.25 (& other words that I forget).

Start from terminal "mythfrontend -v playback" &/or check log files
in /var/log/mythtv/

If the playback problems are only with "Videos" SG then could try
creating seektables for the problem ones.
mythcommflag --video "the_filename"