[mythtv-users] Odd playback behavior since 0.26

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Fri Dec 7 21:10:07 UTC 2012

On 12/7/12 3:54 PM, Jksj wrote:
> I get this problem or similar about once every couple of days during
> H264 playback in the UK. It is exactly as you describe, create a
> bookmark and try again always works. It has never re-occurred for me
> while a record is actually playing.
> When playback is started one of three problems can occur :-
> The judder as you describe it.
> No sound.
> Frontend crash.
I don't get the other two problems, at least not during playback.
>  I cannot reproduce any of these problems at will. I did some testing
> today of 50 playback initiations without a single fault. I am guessing
> that something is not being initialised consistently.
In my case, the "bad" recordings will always cause the problem in
exactly the same spot. If they weren't so huge, I'd send one to a
willing dev.
> Which vdpau playback profile are you using - mine is VDPAU High Quality?
I have seen the same problem on three different frontends. One uses
VDPAU High, the others use VDPAU Normal.
> I thought the issue might be related to corrupted data at the start of
> a stream but the fault is not linked to a specific recording.
In my case it is. Perhaps something else in your setup is causing it to
randomly hit the same syncing problem I am able to induce with damaged
recordings.
> I note that master has had a couple of h264 and audio stream selection
> bug fixes and am building up courage to test it. But without a
> reproducible fault it is pretty pointless:-( .
I guess I should try it this weekend.