[mythtv-users] ttvdb.py won't read config file - am i stupid?

robert offner 100prozentoffner at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 07:17:15 UTC 2012

Thank you Doug,
the config file is exactly the same i used (i tried diff them both).
The Problem is not the exact name as i wrote it (Magnum, P.I. - .....) it
works fine without config file and " ttvdb.py -M "Magnum, P.I." gets the
data.
I thought the point of the config file was to map a name which is'nt found
to a specific tmdb nr. so i tried:

/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -dc
/home/rob/.mythtv/ttvdb.conf -M "Magnum, P I"
opts {'usage': False, 'configure': '/home/rob/.mythtv/ttvdb.conf',
'screenshot': False, 'raw': False, 'fanart': False, 'poster': False,
'mythvideo': False, 'list': True, 'collection': False, 'banner': False,
'language': u'en', 'version': False, 'numbers': False, 'num_seasons':
False, 'test': False, 'data': False, 'debug': True, 'interactive': False}

args [u'Magnum, P I']
[u'Magnum, P I']
####################
# series_season_ep array( [u'Magnum, P I'] )
####################
# Starting tvtvb
# Processing (Magnum, P I) Series
# ..got tvdb mirrors
# Start to process series or series_season_ep
####################

a second try without config file and Name with dots:
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -d -M "Magnum, P.I."
opts {'usage': False, 'configure': '', 'screenshot': False, 'raw': False,
'fanart': False, 'poster': False, 'mythvideo': False, 'list': True,
'collection': False, 'banner': False, 'language': u'en', 'version': False,
'numbers': False, 'num_seasons': False, 'test': False, 'data': False,
'debug': True, 'interactive': False}

args [u'Magnum, P.I.']
[u'Magnum, P.I.']
####################
# series_season_ep array( [u'Magnum, P.I.'] )
####################
# Starting tvtvb
# Processing (Magnum, P.I.) Series
# ..got tvdb mirrors
# Start to process series or series_season_ep
####################
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<metadata>
  <item>
    <language>en</language>
    <title>Magnum, P.I.</title>
    <inetref>74380</inetref>
    <collectionref>74380</collectionref>
    <imdb>0080240</imdb>
    <tmsref>SH002745</tmsref>
    <description>Former Naval Intelligence officer Thomas Magnum resigns
his commission to become a private investigator on the north shore of Oahu,
Hawaii. He lands a home in the guest house on the estate of millionaire
author Robin Masters in exchange for testing the estate's security, but is
forced to work under the strict and ever watchful eye of Jonathan Higgins,
a former British Army soldier who serves as the estate manager, and
constantly patrols the grounds with his two "lads" Zeus and Apollo, who are
loyally trained Doberman Pinschers always ready to pounce on Magnum. Magnum
makes good use of the perks that come with working on the estate, including
driving Masters' sporty red 308 GTS Ferrari, Audi, and all-terrain Jimmy,
as well as equipment such as high-end cameras and telescopes.</description>
    <releasedate>1980-12-11</releasedate>
    <images>
      <image type="banner" url="
http://www.thetvdb.com/banners/graphical/74380-g4.jpg" thumb="
http://www.thetvdb.com/banners/_cache/graphical/74380-g4.jpg"/>
    </images>
  </item>
</metadata>

is working.

Version of the grabber:

<grabber>
  <name>TheTVDB.com</name>
  <author>R.D.Vaughan</author>
  <thumbnail>ttvdb.png</thumbnail>
  <command>ttvdb.py</command>
  <type>television</type>
  <description>Search and metadata downloads for thetvdb.com</description>
  <version>1.1.5</version>
</grabber>

in the config file (i used the one from the gitrepository now) it just says:
[series_name_override]
Magnum, P I:74380

as one can see this is not working.

I don't get it.
PS I also tried the "=" instead of ":" in the config as you suggested -
still no  result (well no positive result anyway).

2012/12/9 Doug Vaughan <r.d.vaughan at rogers.com>

> Robert,
>     Here is a URL to the MythTV gitrepository for ttvdb:
> https://github.com/MythTV/**mythtv/tree/master/mythtv/**
> bindings/python/MythTV/ttvdb<https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/tree/master/mythtv/bindings/python/MythTV/ttvdb>
>
> On that page is a link to ttvdb-example.conf. Just download, copy to the
> appropriate"~/.mythtv" directory and rename to "ttvdb.conf". If you need it
> for more than one user account then add a symlink so they all share one
> file and all get any series overrides you add.
>
> Then edit and add tothe "[series_name_override]" section:
>
> Magnum, P.I.=74380
>
> That should do it assuming the video is named as you wrote "(Magnum, P.I.
> - S01E01 - Don't Eat the Snow in Hawaii (1).avi )".
>
> It seems that however you installed MythTV that the example
> "ttvdb_example.conf" file was not included from the git repository.
>
> I hope that helps.
>
> Doug

mit freundlichen Grüßen.
Ing. Robert Offner MSc.