[mythtv-users] mythnetvision shows no grabbers on slave

Jonatan Lindblad mythtv at comhem.se
Mon Dec 10 21:47:20 UTC 2012

On 2012-12-04 16:42, Jason Anderson wrote:
> On Saturday, December 1, 2012 5:56:20 PM, Jason Anderson wrote:
>>>
>>> Does http://<master backend
>>> ip>:6544/InternetContent/GetInternetSources return any grabbers?
>>
>> Yes, that returns all of them.  Does mythfrontend use that url?
>
> I solved this.  I was opening ports in iptables to get airplay
> working, and it made this work.  It was either 6545, 6546, 6547, or
> 6948 (udp).  I'm thinking about writing a wiki page for people who
> are using a local firewall.  That would have helped me.

Good you got it working, and yes, that is the URL used by mythfrontend
to retrieve all the available grabbers from the master backend.

I can't see how opening those ports would have helped for this problem
though, unless you have changed the configuration from its default.
Port 6545 is for mythlcdserver, 6546 for network control of
mythfrontend, 6547 for mythfrontend's service API, and 6948 for
notifications.

--
Jonatan