[mythtv-users] ticket 10504 and php-5.4.8-1.fc17.x86_64

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 22:02:10 UTC 2012

On 12/10/2012 01:19 AM, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>> Please paste the mysql output. I don't understand what you
>> mean by "multiple line".
>
> The database has a set of BackEndIP lines for both recorder and localhost.

Thank you for explaining.

That means that at some time your hostname was "localhost" and at some
other time it was "recorder".

Now, hostname is returning "recorder.hierzo", and database lookups that match
on that hostname won't be found. That's the cause of your backend's
failure to start. I understand that you solved the problem by using the
<LocalHostName> line in config.xml.

I don't know how or when your output of hostname changed from "recorder"
to "recorder.hierzo" but I was trying to offer suggestions to find out.
That included looking in /etc/hosts and in /etc/hostname.

As to your follow up post; yes I read that code and I agree that the
LOG_NOTICE, "Empty LocalHostName." should be better. The logic is fine.
But I'm just a user and can't help you there.

Good luck.

--
Bill