[mythtv-users] Mythmusic won't delete

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Tue Dec 11 00:14:03 UTC 2012

On 10/12/12 20:33, John Morris wrote:
> Having a couple of problems with Mythmusic.  Both seem to stem from the
> same root.
>
> Had some tracks get in without tags.  So I ran easytag and fired off the
> new music function.  It imported the new album and track info but there
> is still an entry with just the raw filename in the tracklist.  The
> song's rating is still on the entry for the raw filename and the new
> entry is unrated.
>
> Also, found a couple of dups where the same song appears on more than
> one album.  So I removed one of them and ran new music.  The oe I
> removed is now just showing as a raw filename.  Better, when the player
> gets to it playback stops with an error message saying it can't read the
> file.
>
> So if add music doesn't also remove things, is there a way?  I did try
> Googling this question but just found old instances of other people
> asking similar things.
>
> If I wrote a script that walked the music_songs table and looked for
> dups on the filename field or for instances where filename doesn't
> exist, would simply deleting the row (lowest id in the case of dups)
> cause problems elsewhere?  Or do I need to walk through every other
> table looking for references?  If I was really on a roll I could look
> for rating, plays, last play, etc. on rows about to be removed and
> migrate that info to the new row.
>
> Done some perl scripts against postgresql, guess it is about time to get
> my hands dirty with mysql.

Can you please create a ticket for this. This sounds like a regression
but I'm not 100% sure since I didn't work on the file scanner side of
MythMusic. It's possible some of the code re-organisation has broken
something. Stuart Morgan will know if this should be working or not but
he doesn't read the users list at all so a ticket is the best way to
bring it to his attention.

Paul H.