[mythtv-users] Playback of recordings from C4HD slow to start

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 10:12:26 UTC 2012

On 10 December 2012 15:52, Robert Longbottom <rongblor at googlemail.com>wrote:

> On 10 Dec 2012, at 02:46 PM, Tim Draper <veehexx at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 9 December 2012 16:26, Robert Longbottom <rongblor at googlemail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is anyone else seeing this?  I've been seeing it for a while now, but
>> have only just gotten round to looking into it.
>>
>> I'm running MythTV 0.25.2 on Gentoo.  I have a master backend and a
>> remote frontend.
>>

> I've noticed this also. I'm on 0.26 with split BE & FEs.
> i'll give it another check when i get home (if i remember). i did a full
> rescan a week or 2 ago to fix some EIT issues i was experiencing. i dont
> recalling having the issue since then.
> Looks like i have a couple of recordings of C4HD content to check with,
> both pre and post re-scan.
>

> Ah, interesting. Let me know what you find out. If I just need to rescan
> C4HD that would be a good result. I hardly ever rescan so that could
> certainly be an issue for me.
>
> Rob.

I didnt really find anything conclusive last night. C4HD recordings start
within 2 seconds, including the ones recorded before the EIT rescan.

I'm on mythbuntu 12.04.1 x64 LTS for my BE - multipurpose server, with
3.2.0-32 kernel, and 'mythbackend --version' of v0.26.0-55-g09ac5b2
(latest; Dec 05)
FE's are on mythbuntu 12.10, but since i do not have one on at the moment
I'm not sure what they are running, something very recent though.

This is what i have knowingly done over the last 2 weeks (in no particular
order):

- delete all sources (hardware tuners, video sources etc; i forget the
exact terminology). ensures i'm starting from a clean point with channel
data.
- update all machines to 0.26.
- re-add tuners, video sources, and rescan for channels.
- re-run the channel sorting sql script
- recreated a corrupt recording rule. It was specific to a program, not a
channel but that resulted in playback issues. simply deleting and re-adding
that rule fixed it.

as I previously said, i did this due to EIT stop working, but i am no
longer having issues starting or skipping through C4 HD content.
Sorry there isn't anything more conclusive, but might be worth a try!