[mythtv-users] Schema issue

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Dec 12 03:57:50 UTC 2012

On 12/09/2012 11:06 PM, eric millham wrote:
> Hi, I had a crash...
> I reinstalled using mythbuntu and 26 fixes.
> All packages are up to date.
> I then followed the wiki to restore my database from the daily backup
> I have.
> Now, I get this message if I start mythbackend as a service and then
> it exits:
> newer TV schema (1307) than expected (1299)
>
> However, if I start mythbackend from a terminal it runs fine.
>
> It seems that somehow my mythbackend version was newer on my old install?
>
> How can I fix this?

1307 is the 0.26 DB schema version.

1299 is the DB schema version for 0.25.

So, you have 2 different MythTV versions installed (likely one in
/usr/local and one in /usr) and, because of differences in PATHs, your
service start script runs 0.25 (likely in /usr) and your user runs 0.26
(likely in /usr/local).

Mike