[mythtv-users] Should I order my RaspberryPi now ?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 10:05:34 UTC 2012

0
On Dec 12, 2012 7:00 PM, <ajp at cantabrian.co.nz> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> From what I am hearing I should finally order a Pi.
>

> I am running 0.25 and hardly ever watch live TV but I am really keen to
have a full HD but more specifically HDMI solution.

> I record New Zealand satellite and will record terrestrial so I believe
MPEG2 and MPEG4 (H.264). My videos are H264 (MPEG4).

> Given it will take a few weeks for a Pi to arrive it sounds like if there
isn’t a solution right this minute there will be soon.

The only attraction is price (and maybe geek factor) imho. If you want to
play and use the xbmc frontend, go for it. I have fun that way. If you
simply want something that works go for x86, ion2 is a good bet.