[mythtv-users] Schema issue

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 17:50:00 UTC 2012

On 12 December 2012 03:57, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> 1307 is the 0.26 DB schema version.
>
> 1299 is the DB schema version for 0.25.
>
> So, you have 2 different MythTV versions installed (likely one in
> /usr/local and one in /usr) and, because of differences in PATHs, your
> service start script runs 0.25 (likely in /usr) and your user runs 0.26
> (likely in /usr/local).

surely thats a bug isn't it, Mike? (not that i could bug fix this)
Doesn't make much sense in my mind to have both versions installed.

anyway, my VM machine has this issue (on 0.25, BE on 0.26-fixes), this is
what i did to fix it:
- mythbuntu-control-center > repos > refresh (so you should now see 0.25,
0.26 and 0.27 in the dropdown box). Select 0.26 and apply it.
- apt-get update
- apt-get upgrade - take note here; libmyth-0.25-0 will be upgraded (this
is incorrect)
once updated, you'd expect mythfrontend to run ok. no, it won't.
- apt-get autoremove libmyth-0.25.0
you'll see that libmyth-0.26.0, and a few mythtv-* packages will now be
updated/installed.
- start mythfrontend and all should work fine now.