[mythtv-users] Opensuse 12.2 frontend; following symlinks

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu Dec 13 15:17:11 UTC 2012

I can post this on Opensuse's list if needed, but thought the experience
here related to mythtv would be relevant.

I recently updated my myth systems to opensuse 12.2 and mythtv 0.25. I'm
still having a couple nagging issues:

1) My frontends go to sleep and turn the displays off even if I'm
watching something. Hitting a key on my remote does not wake them up, I
actually have to go hit a key on the keyboard. Looking at System
Settings I cannot find an option under Power settings to never turn off
the display. This has to be possible right?

2) On my backend system I have samba configured with symlinks to get
access to my recorded programs and using the script to write them in
friendly names. I just use the homes share. When I try to copy or open
any of the recordings I get permission denied.

I have the following in settings for samba:
[global]
         workgroup = WORKGROUP
         printing = cups
         printcap name = cups
         printcap cache time = 750
         cups options = raw
         map to guest = Bad User
         include = /etc/samba/dhcp.conf
         logon path = \\%L\profiles\.msprofile
         logon home = \\%L\%U\.9xprofile
         logon drive = P:
         usershare allow guests = Yes
         unix extensions = no
         follow symlinks = yes
         wide links = yes

[homes]
         comment = Home Directories
         valid users = %S, %D%w%S
         browseable = No
         read only = No
         inherit acls = Yes

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

thanks,
James