[mythtv-users] convert video format

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Thu Dec 13 17:42:33 UTC 2012

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 08:45:41AM -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 12/12/2012 08:57 PM, Nick Rout wrote:
> >Googling the filename does seem to show a few places to download a
> >similarly named file :)
> >
> >Josu, if you are using a file like that and want to post to the list about
> >it use a different filename!

[deletia]

> So, please end this conversation, and take the discussion of how to
> make your badly-encoded stolen file (and, generally, the files that
> don't play well are stolen files--because of all the stupid encoding
> options they choose to make them small enough to distribute) play

    Any transcoder with a sufficiently robust user interface that allows
for the full range of encoding options has a potential to yield the same
result. I managed this even while using Handbrake presets (which is why
I quickly stopped using Handbrake).

    The fact that the internal player can't handle something is by no
stretch of the imagination a good indication that someone is a pirate.