[mythtv-users] New Sky+ App - control Sky box via tcp/ip network

Dave Pearson lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Sat Dec 15 16:59:52 UTC 2012

-----Original message-----
From:Michael Watson <michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au>
Sent:Sat 15-12-2012 11:21
Subject:Re: [mythtv-users] New Sky+ App - control Sky box via tcp/ip network
To:mythtv-users at mythtv.org;
Give this version a try.  If it works, can you send me the
/tmp/skychange.txt file it creates.  I just want to add a check that it
has changed the channel successfully.

 Hi Michael,

I've attached the skychange.txt file and this is the data that is captured by nettool from the GetMediaInfo query:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

CONTENT-LENGTH: 516

CONTENT-TYPE: text/xml; charset="utf-8"

DATE: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 14:38:51 GMT

EXT:

SERVER: Linux/2.6.18.8 UPnP/1.0 SKY DLNADOC/1.50

<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"><s:Body>

<u:GetMediaInfoResponse xmlns:u="nds-comSkyPlay:2">

<NrTracks>0</NrTracks>

<MediaDuration>00:00:00</MediaDuration>

<CurrentURI>xsi://9C7</CurrentURI>

<CurrentURIMetaData>NOT_IMPLEMENTED</CurrentURIMetaData>

<PlayMedium>NONE</PlayMedium>

<RecordMedium>NOT_IMPLEMENTED</RecordMedium>

<WriteStatus>NOT_IMPLEMENTED</WriteStatus>

</u:GetMediaInfoResponse>

Just to let you know, I used the script in anger from mythtv last nigh and it worked perfectly.

There is a whole lot more that could be achieved with this - for example I think that it should be possible to get program listings back from the box - I use xmltv, but it would be really useful for me if I could get listings for the radio channels, which xmltv doesn't provide.

Regards,

Dave.