[mythtv-users] New Sky+ App - control Sky box via tcp/ip network

Dave Pearson lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Sat Dec 15 20:26:15 UTC 2012

-----Original message-----
From:Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>
Sent:Sat 15-12-2012 17:56
Subject:Re: [mythtv-users] New Sky+ App - control Sky box via tcp/ip network
To:Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>;
On 15/12/12 16:59, Dave Pearson wrote:

(snip)

> There is a whole lot more that could be achieved with this - for example I
> think that it should be possible to get program listings back from the box -
> I use xmltv, but it would be really useful for me if I could get listings for
> the radio channels, which xmltv doesn't provide.

I would make very certain of your Terms and Conditions if you are contemplating
something like that. On Freeview the radio channels are available via EIT but
I'm not so sure if you are going through the Sky system.

--

Mike Perkins

Actually I was looking at the official Sky iPad app and that doesn't seem to include the radio channels in it's program guide anyway, so it's probably not going to be possible to get them through the UPnP interface, in which case I might as well save myself the bother and just continue to use xmltv.

Regards,

Dave.