[mythtv-users] status page on mythweb does not load

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Mon Dec 17 22:50:03 UTC 2012

Had the same thing happen to me... here was what I posted about it (no
replies) under "Connections on port 6544 hung in "CLOSE_WAIT" status." on
10/11/12 :

  Was this a fluke, or has anyone else noticed this.

Running mythtv 0.25.3  (nightly from 3 or 4 nights ago).

I just noticed today that I cannot open the mythweb "backend status" page,
or open the webpage at port 6544 (worked fine yesterday).  Everything else
appears to work fine.

I have seen other references to this, however none of them give a
resolution other than restarting the backend.  I acutally had to kill the
backend with "pkill -9" as mentioned in this thread:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1956936 in order to get it working
again.

Netstat shows many connections to 6544 in the "CLOSE_WAIT" status... none
of which seem to be clearing out on their own.

A quick test after the pkill and restart and I am seeing the connections
get closed as expected... I hope it was just an oddity and not a sign of
things to come.  I had rebooted my back end server 3 days ago, so if it
does this every 3 days or so it's gonna get frustrating.

I haven't had it reoccur, but it was unusual.  Your the first similar case
I have heard of.