[mythtv-users] hauppauge 950Q ATSC difficulties

Allan Strand stranda at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 23:14:43 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I'm trying to record OTA digital TV using a 950Q (with the xc5000 tuner).
 No analog recording needed. Frequently mythbackend fails to recognize the
device and as a result does not 1) scan channels in setup and/or 2) does
not record content.  This is the case for 0.26 on a machine running Mint 14
and one running Ubuntu 12.04.  On both machines, kaffeine always seems to
work fine, both channel scanning and recording content, so I know I have a
signal to the device and that it is functioning.  I have tried adding a
/etc/modprobe.d/xc5000.conf file with 'options xc5000 no_poweroff=1 ' and
this does not seem to help.  In addition, I downloaded and compiled the
most recent v4l-dvb drivers to no avail either.