[mythtv-users] Problem with autowake

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 21:20:02 UTC 2012

On 12/21/2012 02:55 PM, Marco Strullato wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm setting up a backend server on ubuntu 12.04 and I need it to autowake.
> I followed this http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ACPI_Wakeup but my backend does
> not boot.
> Instead, I can autoboot the pc calling by hand the script /usr/bin/setwakeup.sh
> but it seems neither the frontend or mythweb is setting the alarm, running
> it as the mythtv user.
> My problem seems really to be that the mythtv is not executing the script
> to wake up, I tried to echo $time in /tmp but it does not write nothing.
> The syntax I used is the one specified: *sudo sh -c "/usr/bin/setwakeup.sh
> $time" and offcourse both sudo and the file permissions are set properly.*
> *
> *
>

> What do you suggest?

Hi;

I'd suggest looking in your backend log. When the backend attempts
to execute the script (and fails) there should be an entry.

If you want more detail use the -v system --loglevel debug options.
Put them in your startup script/config/...

I don't understand your comment: "neither the frontend or mythweb
is setting the alarm". The backend sets the wakeup time, at least
mine does.

--
Bill