[mythtv-users] Recording wierdness

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Wed Dec 26 18:06:23 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 6:39 AM, Rob Davis <rob at davis-family.info> wrote:

> After an angry wife missed a recording I tried to work out what was
> happening.  Final straw was missing Dr Who from last night.  I have 2 x
> HDHR Dual tuners and an HDHR Prime with cablecard.  Am not sure if the
> behavior is specific to the prime or not.  If we setup a recording and
> watch it concurrently live, the recording never appears in the DefaultTV
> folder.  However, I can go in the LiveTV folder and find 2 x copies of the
> recording.  Moving it is not a problem as long as I spot it before it
> expires.
>
> MythWeb reports that the recording is still in progress hours after it's
> done and commercials are never flagged.
>
> This is on an git built from 0.26/fixes from Friday.  Let me know if you
> want other information.

The "watch while recording" Live TV weirdness is a race condition issue
that first manifested itself in 0.25, and to my knowledge it's not yet been
fixed (the remaining MythTV devs don't use Live TV, so it's not a priority
for them). The other nasty part of that is that if you exit while watching
that way, the recording will be stopped! The workaround is to not watch it
via Live TV, but exit out of Live TV (before the recording actually starts)
and then watch it via the Watch Recordings screen.

Karl