[mythtv-users] Testing Raspberry Pi with xbmc mythtv plugin

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 21:41:56 UTC 2012

On Dec 27, 2012 8:19 AM, "Monkey Pet" <monkeypet at gmail.com> wrote:

> I dusted off my Raspberry Pi after sitting around for many months.  I was
hopefully that the xbmc mythtv plugin would work with it.  So far no luck,
the openelec.tv 2.95.6 (3.0 beta 6) testing version almost worked but still
has major issues including stuttering and crashing while playing the
stream.  The xbian 1.0 beta 3 had issues loading the xbmc mythtv plugin.

> As aways, the simple solution of playing over nfs or upnp still works,
but I am still wanting a simple frontend that can do commercial skips.

> If you had better success with mythtv 0.26.x and xbmc on the raspberry
pi, please post what you did to make it work.  Thanks.

Please be precise. What plugin are yiu using? Myth:// prtoocol, mythbox or
pvr?

If you are accessing mpeg2 do you have the mpeg2 codec purchased and
correctly activated?