[mythtv-users] mythvideo: UPNP folder organization?

mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Fri Dec 28 16:41:35 UTC 2012

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 7:15 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Just curious, do you get all this with the free vesion of serviio ?

Yes.  I haven't registered (yet).  I'm still testing but everything seems
to be working.  I'm actually unsure what would be unlocked when I
register.  The PHP script is an user-written console add-on for serviio.
It works very well.  You can do nearly all of the configuration through
that interface.  Tweaks to the transcoding profiles are done in an XML
file.  That process is well documented in the wiki of the project.

I've had success configuring an .m3u file as a streaming radio playlist,
although that was rather difficult.  Still, it can be done.

The only problem I've found is that when a video is transcoded, you cannot
seek on the video file (rewind/fast forward), at least not with my blu-ray
player. Other than that, everything works fine.  It's been very stable so
far.

Oh, it serves music, images, and video.  I'm only using it for video at the
moment (besides a couple of internet music streams) so I can't speak on how
it works otherwise.

Jerry