[mythtv-users] Not getting mythfilldatabase log

Greg Grotsky spikeygg.mythbox at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 03:23:18 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 8:20 AM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> Does the user running mythbackend actually have write permissions on the
> /var/log directory and/or the /var/log/mythfilldatabase file?  Usually
> unprivileged users would need to log to some other location (maybe a
> /var/log/mythtv/mythfilldatabase file?).
>
> Mike

Mike, how would one configure mythfilldatabase (or the backend) so that it
always logs data to /var/log/mythtv?  I just checked my mythbackend log
file and I noticed that it's trying to create the file in /var/log (which
it doesn't have permissions to).

2012-02-01 09:57:37.980482 E [2833/15546] MythFillDB housekeeper.cpp:463
(RunMFD) - Invalid mythfilldatabase log path: /var/log/mythfilldatabase.log
is not writable.
Thanks,
-Greg