[mythtv-users] OT: Homerun Prime

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Feb 2 21:03:11 UTC 2012

I'm looking at using some Homerun Prime's to provide shared TV viewing
from a business FIOS drop to office desktops; something like "here are all
the tuners in the pool; you can pick a channel if there's one idle; if not,
you can watch one someone else is using (and we'll tell them other people
are watching); if you want to watch something and they're all busy, we can
post a flag to everyone that someone wants a tuner".

My first thought was to just put them behind a backend, but I'm not sure
the Windows FE is up to the task... and having to train the users on it
would be rough (and it's not truly multiuser anyway; any user can reconfig
things we might not want reconfigured).

Does anyone who knows the HDHR Prime well know how hard it might be to
layer something lightweight like that on top of whatever the firmware
already does?

Off-list is fine; I'll summarize if there's interest.

Cheers,
-- jra