[mythtv-users] Freesat and missing red button

Gavin Whitehead gavin at alabastercranium.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 5 21:47:31 UTC 2012

Folks,

I don't seem to have a Red Button channel in my 'channel' table.

I am running v0.24.2-3-ge4660d6 on Ubuntu 11.10.  I have a TBS 6981 Dual
DVB-S2 card.  I have tried re-scanning a couple of times with the same
result.  My channel table has 472 entries in it but none of them look
like the Red Button channel.

Each time I re-scan I delete all Video Sources and Capture cards.  I
then add the Capture cards in (one per tuner) and a Video Source of
EIT.  When I scan for channels I follow the advice on Garry Parkers site
(http://parker1.co.uk/mythtv_freesat.php) and do two scans:

Freq: 10714000
Polarity: Horizontal
Symbol rate: 22000000
Mod Sys: DVB-S
FEC: 5/6
Modulation: QPSK
Inversion: leave at auto
Rolloff: leave at 0.35

Freq: 10847000
Polarity: Vertical
Symbol rate: 23000000
Mod Sys: DVB-S2
FEC: 8/9
Modulation: QPSK
Inversion: leave at auto
Rolloff: leave at 0.35

I seem to be able to watch all the channels which are in my 'channel' table.

Any suggestions?

Gav