[mythtv-users] Communication between front & back end - New install

Jesse jesseflint63 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 23:45:59 UTC 2012

Any suggestions?

Hi;

You mention that it was working, but do you *know* that the backend
is running (as opposed to constantly restarting?)

I'd suggest posting a fresh copy of /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log
to pastebin.com and a then put the link to it in a reply-to-list
here.

   I knew it was working because I was watching, pausing, recording a
video from the remote DVD player. Also watched recordings off the hard
drive.
Every time I would go into the backend to adjust the settings it would
say it has to shut down and ask for the password. Then sometimes it
would give me the location language screen and other times not. Maybe it
was constantly restarting... not sure

A this point I don't have Mythbuntu installed... and I have Linux Mint
12 running instead of Ubuntu. Was thinking I would try installing off
the Mythtv web site instead of the disk or using the Ubuntu software
center.

I really don't think it was an IP address issue...

I will post the log  as you suggested when it is installed again.

Thanks for your reply