[mythtv-users] Run a program from a key?

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Mon Feb 6 19:32:36 UTC 2012

Sorry if this is a simple question - I can't seem to find the answer.

I would love to have a keybinding to a function key to run an external
program (my suspend script), so that my harmony remote on tv off can
push that key for me and suspend my machine - right now it suspends
after 1.5 hrs of inactivity if I am not watching a program (via
xscreensaver), and I have my pause timer to kick out after 60 minutes.
I also have the machine auto-suspend at 12:30AM if it hasn't already.
This has helped regulate how much power I am using - but it would be
cool if the machine suspended when I turn the tv off, also :)

Is there a setting somewhere, or a config file where I can modify that?

Thanks in advance,
--
  Kris B.
  krisbee at krisbee.com