[mythtv-users] Symlink.pl %cN problem

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Feb 7 18:15:35 UTC 2012

On 02/07/2012 06:44 AM, David Crawford wrote:
> Does anyone else have the problem with the symbol %cN when they make a
> link? It should create a symlink with the channel name but in mine just
> shows the channel id and "N" e.g something like 1010N.

I'm assuming you mean mythlink.pl (but if not, as long as the script
you're using is using the MythTV Perl bindings, the same should hold
true).  I just checked and the %cN format specifier works with current
0.24-fixes.  I don't remember any changes that would have fixed it in
any recent version of MythTV, so it should work for you unless you're
using some really old version.  What is the exact command line (or, if
not using mythlink.pl, the exact code) you're using?

Mike