[mythtv-users] Some successes...EPG, IR Remote and making it work

David Sims simsdw56 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 7 19:43:25 UTC 2012

Dear MythTV Community,

I have some successes to share with my experimenting on MythTV...

1) Switched over to using Schedules Direct for the EPG.  Did not want to do
this as all I needed was a temporary service while I play around with
MythTV.  Two weeks is not long enough when only playing with this stuff on
the weekends and after my full time job.  May need to work on this again a
little bit later.  Also did not want to violate any licensing agreements.

2) Got the lircd.conf and hardware.conf files corrected last night and the
utility (irw) now shows the key presses on my TIVO remote from Nero's liquid
TV.
The answer was in the hardware.conf file settings.  Needed to change the
LOAD_MODULES=true to LOAD_MODULES=false!  I have a Hauppauge 750Q tuner and
it does not need the kernel modules loaded in order to work.

3) I scheduled a program to record and it seems to have done that recording.
At least I have a 93 MB .nuv file in my videos directory.  Not sure exactly
how to go about watching this recording as the rest of the MythFrontEnd does
not seem to work for me.  I can use mplayer to watch live tv but this has to
have the MythBackEnd shutdown when using.  Seems that I have a lot of the
background pieces working now but the Front End is still being a little
elusive.  Anyone have suggestions on this?

David...

Any suggestions are appreciated.  Thank you all in advance for the
assistance.

David