[mythtv-users] Rename a file problems

David Crawford davidcrawford83 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 11:51:36 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm currently trying to use a user job script that extracts subtitles in
.srt format from video recordings into a separate folder.
The script also includes some code that rename's the .srt files to a more
appropriate format that I need the files in as I will be using a separate
application on a different machine to index the files.

The script renames in this particular format : %m-%d_%h-%i-%s_%cN_%T.srt

Which should give me for example something like: 02-10_10-32-12_Channel
One_A Show Name.srt

Everything works fine apart from %cN that doesnt seem to give the channel
name and only outputs as the channel id and letter "N".
Those variables work fine in the mythlink.pl app though which is a perl
script however. The script I use is a python scripts and it's come to my
attention that this may be a python bindings problem that may be tricky to
fix.

Since it works in perl and mythlink.pl and mythrenam.pl, does anyone know a
way whereby I could pull the info in the same way as in mythlink using perl
and perhaps add that to my python script?

Many Thanks