[mythtv-users] Ceton Linux driver 1.6 supports more than 3GiB of RAM

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Feb 10 20:33:58 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 1:54 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm. Does this mean the drivers are 32 bit only? Its been probably 5
> years since I have had a 32 bit linux machine. Even at work.

I'm not familiar enough with how drivers are written to know what
classifies it as 32 bit or 64 bit, but for what it's worth (in case
this is what you were really trying to ask) the ceton drivers
definitely work fine in 64-bit machines (except for some, but not all,
users that have > 3GB ram, and hopefully this driver will fix that for
them)

--
Ron Frazier