[mythtv-users] mythjobqueue require NFS mount?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Feb 11 17:59:24 UTC 2012

On 02/11/2012 11:29 AM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 2/11/2012 10:54, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
>> If I want to run mythjobqueue on another machine to do commflagging,
>> does that machine need to NFS mount the storage directories from the
>> backend or can it receive the recording data over the network socket to
>> the backend?
> The commercial flagger can stream content over the backend protocol and
> does not need direct file access.

Right.  You'd only need direct file access if you plan to write
recording files--i..e if you allow transcode jobs on the mythjobqueue
host.  So, you probably want to run mythtv-setup on that host and
disallow transcode jobs for that host.

Allow transcoding jobs
If enabled, allow jobs of this type to run on this backend.

Mike