[mythtv-users] what do do about wrong data in myth video?

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Mon Feb 13 15:12:50 UTC 2012

On 12-02-12 11:46 PM, DaWorm wrote:
> So glad I saw this thread.  I've been battling this for weeks.  I get a series
> right, manually editing hundreds of titles, then come back a couple of days
> later and they are all messed up again.  Now I know that the editing should have
> been in the filenames, not the meta data editor.  Not exactly happy about it,
> but at least now I can fix it.
..

For some of us, the automatic metadata "Rename everything" behaviour
is very good and very useful.  For others of us, it's a total P.I.T.A.

Here, I want it to leave my titles exactly as I name them,
but still pick up descriptive data and images from the net.

Thank goodness for Open Source -- a few small patches,
and that's how it now behaves here, for me.  :)