[mythtv-users] DVB recordings fail with: 'Warning: Unsupported bandwidth parameter'

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Feb 14 15:48:03 UTC 2012

On 13/02/12 19:38, Mike Perkins wrote:

< after a frustrating but eventually successful forced channel rescan>

> That would probably be too UK-specific a modification to make it worth while, I
> suspect. We'll see. Can't be worse than what we have already, can it?

I thought I should come back on this.  In fact the scanning process,
even as it is now, can be quite slick if you know your transmitter.
All that should be needed, at most locations in the UK, is the frequency
of a single multiplex.  Given that, there is still scope for improvement
in that some of the other parameters found during the scan don't always
make it into the database.

You had troubles because, as you found, there are also routes through
the process that apparently don't converge to the desired configuration,
at least with DVB-T in the UK, and there are no built in warnings that
stop you taking them.  In fact, IIRC, you get to them first if you go
through the setup procedure in sequence from the start.

Anyway, rescanning shouldn't be needed often, and maybe it _will_ get
better :-)

Cheers,

John P