[mythtv-users] Best and fastest way to get UK Channels and Guide

David Crawford davidcrawford83 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 20:18:01 UTC 2012

On 16 February 2012 19:50, Chris Lewis <chrislewis915 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't found an easy way yet.  At the moment I'm using EIT which gives
> me 7 days of EPG which is acceptable to me.  I simply couldnt be bbothered
> doing the work to force XMLTV id's manually into each channel.
>
> I'm currently working of getting a useable script together which will set
> channel names, channel numbers according to the Sky EPG and XMLTV ids where
> available.   At the moment it doesnt work and is not in a position where i
> would want to share it, but I will if i ever get it working properly.
>
> The main driver behind it is that the EIT scanner stops the backend from
> idling and prevent shutdown.
>
> If you find an easy way, please let me know!
>
> Cheers
>
> Chris
>
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 2:32 PM, David Crawford <davidcrawford83 at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to setup everything in MythTV in terms of channel lists and
>> EPG and finding it labourious to say the least. I have done a full dvb-s
>> scan for sky uk and run the uk radio times grabber to get all the guide
>> info. Only thing is a lot of the channels dont get a lock so something has
>> gone wrong.
>>
>> Is there an easier way to set this up without going through each channel
>> manually seeing if it works and then adding the xmltvid? Anything like
>> using a dreambox perhaps, where you can add a file that gives you the
>> channel list frequencies and then run mythfilldatabase?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> David

> Thats a shame!
Ive been using the script for channel assignments here:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/UK_Channel_Assignments

but it turns out half the channels dont work and in the mythfrontend i get
no lock. Not sure whats happened.

This is a real disappointment with mythtv to be honest. Setting this kind
of thing up in dreambox or VIX software is a MILLLION times easier and also
in dvbviewer for windows with programs like "XEPG" that  lets you edit
channels really easily and pair them to guide data.

How do you actually change the channel frequecy data in myth?

David