[mythtv-users] Double keys on remote

Andrew Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Sat Feb 18 14:11:48 UTC 2012

On 18/02/2012 7:52 AM, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> Hello all, I just updated my BE/FE Debian Squeeze to Debian Wheezy.
>
> I have some little problem with the remote, there are some keys that
> works double.
>
> If a hit the up, down, left or right button, on the MythTV system
> there are pushed twice. It looks like the basic buttons are mapped by
> default. I am using same $HOME/.lircrd file as Squeeze.
>
> I am using XFCE, how could I disable this generic buttons? I am using
> mceusb receiver.
>
> Thanks for your help and regards.

I find this is normally caused by a couple issues, you didn't mention
what you're hardware is, but if you're using something with one of the
newer in-kernel modules (eg. mceusb) you're keypresses are probably
being decoded both in-kernel and by lirc.

if you:
cat /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols

you should see something like:
rc-5 nec rc-6 jvc sony mce_kbd [lirc]

If anything other the lirc has the brackets, simply
echo lirc > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols
and you should be good,

The other main issue I see is people have more then one remote defined
in, or included by lircd.conf and the same key combination is defined in
more then one (with the same value).  If you run 'irw' and you press a
button on your remote, you should see something like:
000000037ff07bde 00 KEY_RIGHT mceusb
If the last field has two different remote names (on subsequent lines),
or the second field shows two lines with '00' in a row, you most likely
have an error in your configuration somewhere.

HTH, Andrew.