[mythtv-users] Status of 0.25

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Sat Feb 18 14:55:22 UTC 2012

On 2/17/12 8:37 PM, Eric wrote:

> Hello all, i see that 0.25 has a targeted release date of april 2nd
> and i was wondering if it is stable enough to be used in a production
> system? Anyone using it?

Hi Eric,

I'm on master since 6-7 months.
Original decision about switching from 0.24 to master was LiveTV
stability (as some our home users really needs it).
Master is MUCH better here (and now with #10076 applied for #10016 is
almost OK - except repeatable issue like #9846 on some channels).
General stability for backend is perfect (remember 1 segfault in last
half of Year).
Having 35-50 rec per day on 2xDVBS2 I haven't single missed rec or 0B
file since month or so.
Frontend is stable for recordings playback, but LiveTV gives
occasionally segfault during channel change. Also sometimes - when new
channel should just start to play I get instead few frames of previous
channel played in looped.

Beside above master is perfect stable for me and I would say stability
is already on "release" level.

If You will ask me - I would definitely encourage You to switch to master.
0.25 will be definitely best ever release and in respect of it
features/sophistication is really killer.

BTW: Last days I back-ported all OpenGL related torc commits to current
master.
Results are nice: walking on UI seem to be even more smooth and
"predictable" in terms of UI reactions to user commands.
Also 2-3sec audio stuttering on channel change disappear.

-br