[mythtv-users] 0.25 Music

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sat Feb 18 18:11:22 UTC 2012

On 18/02/12 17:37, Scott & Nicole Harris wrote:
> I took the plunge and switched over to Master, and so far am quite
> impressed.  When it comes to music however, I didn’t think it was
> possible (never been a big fan of MythMusic), but it seems like it has
> gotten even MORE confusing.  Initially when I went to Music, I was
> greeted with the “You haven’t selected any tracks” message.  So I
> fumbled around and found the select tracks option in setup, selected a
> couple tracks, went back to listen to music and my tracks were there.
> However, I have some 5000 tracks and don’t feel like going through and
> selecting them all just to now be able to play them.  On top of that,
> the only navigation I can seem to get to work is a flat, scrollable
> list of all my selected tracks.  None of the “change view” options
> seem to do anything, and I can no longer find the nice, simple
> “Display entire music tree option”.
>
> Can anyone fill me in a bit on how to get back to a simple navigation
> of my music tree?

Not sure exactly what you want to do. If you want to add all your tracks
to the current playlist Menu->Quick Playlists->All Tracks.

If you want to navigate your music in a tree similar to the old
MythMusic then Menu->Switch View->Playlist Editor - Tree then use the
tree to add or replace tracks in the current playlist. You can navigate
the tree anyway you want so if you wanted to add all the tracks by Pink
Floyd with a rating of 8 then you would go Artist->Pink
Floyd->Ratings->8 Stars and selecting it will give you the chose to add
or replace the matching tracks in the playlist (believe me it's easier
to use than describe).

Paul H.