[mythtv-users] Best and fastest way to get UK Channels and Guide

Andrew M. Bishop amb at gedanken.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 18 19:18:09 UTC 2012

Chris Lewis <chrislewis915 at gmail.com> writes:

> I haven't found an easy way yet.  At the moment I'm using EIT which gives
> me 7 days of EPG which is acceptable to me.  I simply couldnt be bbothered
> doing the work to force XMLTV id's manually into each channel.
>
> I'm currently working of getting a useable script together which will set
> channel names, channel numbers according to the Sky EPG and XMLTV ids where
> available.   At the moment it doesnt work and is not in a position where i
> would want to share it, but I will if i ever get it working properly.
>
> The main driver behind it is that the EIT scanner stops the backend from
> idling and prevent shutdown.

There was a fix applied to stop the EIT scanner from preventing the
backend idling which used my patch from this bug report:
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3597

The patch appears to have been applied only to 0.25 and not to
0.24-fixes.  Personally I am running with the patch and there is no
problem with the backend shutting down even when using EIT.

If you apply this patch to version 0.24 (which I presume you are
running) then it should work:

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/3597/scheduler.cpp.2.diff

If you are not compiling MythTV yourself then you will need to try and
persuade whoever is compiling it to apply the patch.

--
Andrew.
Andrew M. Bishop                             amb at gedanken.demon.co.uk
                                      http://www.gedanken.demon.co.uk/