[mythtv-users] Gentoo builds - broken-er

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Feb 19 23:23:20 UTC 2012

On 2/19/2012 17:46, Dale Pontius wrote:
> A clue dawns... In mythtv_portage/Gentoo in addition to the ebuilds
> there are "profiles", "scripts", and "eclass" directories.  I'll be that
> there's some path-relative magic happening here, grabbing stuff out of
> the profiles, scripts and ebuilds directories.
>
> That's it.  I just edited the mythtv ebuild in-place instead of copying
> it to my own overlay.  The digest worked, and I now have a manifest.

All the code to determine where to download the tarballs from is
contained within those eclasses, using the four static defines at the
top of the ebuilds.  The ebuilds won't work when used with a different
set of eclasses.  The profiles are currently unused, and scripts holds
the tools to automatically generate a new set of ebuilds.