[mythtv-users] Gentoo builds - broken-er

Dale Pontius DEPontius at edgehp.net
Mon Feb 20 11:55:19 UTC 2012

On 02/20/2012 05:30 AM, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 19/02/12 23:37, Dale Pontius wrote:

>>> All the code to determine where to download the tarballs from is
>>> contained within those eclasses, using the four static defines at the
>>> top of the ebuilds.  The ebuilds won't work when used with a different
>>> set of eclasses.  The profiles are currently unused, and scripts holds
>>> the tools to automatically generate a new set of ebuilds.
>>>
>> I don't usually like to make my updates to the original, I prefer to
>> copy it to my own space and make changes there, leaving the original
>> intact.  That doesn't work in this case, obviously.
>>
> For values of 'copy'. Why didn't you cp -R the whole tree? Then you'd have
> pulled in the other info. Or is this in a separate part of the tree space?

I have other things in my private portage tree, and I'm not sure how
they would react to those mythtv extras.  The way would have been to
make a second private tree, as a copy of mythtv_portage/Gentoo.  But I
took the easy road, and just modified the ebuild in-place.  I've since
sync'ed the tree with no problem, so I imagine it will continue to work
OK until 0.24.x is updated, at which time I'll get a fixed ebuild
anyway, and won't need my edited version.

Dale Pontius