[mythtv-users] Web based 'cutpoint' editing

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 14:04:36 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 1:39 AM, Tony Sauri <hoiho.nz at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 18:42, John Drescher wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Mario Weilguni <roadrunner6 at gmx.at> wrote:
>> > Am 08.02.2012 16:26, schrieb Thomas Boehm:
>
>> I am trying http://myth.weilguni.priv.at/mythcut-0.6.tar.gz hopefully
>> that was meant to be released..
>>

> I have been playing around with /mythcut-0.5 for about a week.
> I haven't experienced the error messages you describe below
>
>> [Sun Feb 19 00:35:41 2012] [error] [client 192.168.1.124] fclose()
>> expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given, referer:
>> http://192.168.1.110:8083/mythcut/?rand=2534944
>> [Sun Feb 19 00:35:41 2012] [error] [client 192.168.1.124] PHP Warning:
>>  fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in
>> /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythcut/thumbnailer.php on line 93, referer:
>> http://192.168.1.110:8083/mythcut/?rand=2534944
>
> much snipping
>
>> [Sun Feb 19 00:36:18 2012] [error] [client 192.168.1.124] PHP Warning:
>>  fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in
>> /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythcut/thumbnailer.php on line 93
>>

> I have had a quick look at tahe code and it seems to suggest that somehow you
> have got into the guts of the process without specifing a valid file  maybe
> you used an old recording and by some chance the file was expired and deleted
> so that the programme could not find the file in /Var/lib/mythtv/recordings
> (or whereever they are stored on your system).
>
> However I use version 0.5 and have not yet tried version 0.6

I believe I may have found the cause of the problem. I am also getting
errors in mythweb  about it not searching storage groups. If I click
on the download link or asx stream in mythweb on any recording I get
the filename "does not exist in any recognized storage group
directories for this host."

1011_20120219193000.mpg does not exist in any recognized storage group
directories for this host.

I believe this is a ticket that was closed / fixed 21 months ago

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8320

I am not sure about this but I will open a new thread about this
later. My storage groups work from my frontends. They have for several
years..

>> Initially lot of frames open up without images then they quickly go away.
>>
>> Any ideas,
>
> Yes I experience the same ...  I have looked at this issue quite extensively
> and it is to do with the timing of the generation of all the image files.
>
> Just do a page/window reload/refresh when all the frames disappear and all the
> images will appear.

It did not however this is understandable if I am correct about what I
think the problem is.

John