[mythtv-users] Firewire - Shaw - Score HD

Scott Smith pickle136 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 20 17:08:41 UTC 2012

________________________________
From: Mark Hutchinson <markhsa at gmail.com>
To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Mon, February 20, 2012 11:06:31 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Firewire - Shaw - Score HD

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 8:03 AM, Gerald Brandt <gbr at majentis.com> wrote:

Hi,

>I just converted my setup from an HDPVR to Firewire capture from a Motorola
>6200.
>
>I haven't test all the channels yet, but Score HD on Shaw (in Canada) cannot get
>a channel lock.  So if ScoreHD is one of you favourite channels, do not go
>Firewire.
>
>Gerald

I am still capturing all of my SHAW HD from my HDPVR due to this.  I tried with
Firewire a couple of years back and saw too many issues.  Now I just use
Firewire for channel changing.

Do you find that this works fine for all other channels?  As a fellow Canadian
with Shaw, I would be really interested in hearing about your experiences.  I
have been thinking of trying another source for TV ( Telus or Sat )

Not in canada, but i also switched from video capture on firewire to hd pvr.
Channel Changing over firewire was very realiable so i still use it for that.